Machakos County has partnered with different non-governmental organizations in a blood donation drive that is set to start Monday (26th April).
Speaking to Mauvoo News, Machakos Health Department CECM Dr. Ancent Kituku said that due to the shortage of blood in most of the hospitals across the county they took the initiative as a way of ensuring that there was enough blood in hospital blood banks to help patients who needed blood transfusions.
“This week we are going to have blood donation exercise in the county as a way of ensuring we will have blood in our hospital, this exercise we shall conduct in conjunction with Kenya National Blood Transfusion Service, Damu Sasa, Kenya Redcross service and National Boda Boda organization,” he said.
Kituku called on residents who are 18 years and above and are in good health status to show up for the blood donation urging Boda Boda riders to show up in large numbers.
“We are urging our people who are of 18 years and above to ensure that they show up for the exercise, but majorly we would like to request our bodaboda riders to show up and donate blood,” said the health CECM.
This is the donation schedule according to the Ministry of health Machakos County.
- Machakos satellite in Machakos Level 5 hospital — 25th to 30th April
- Mlolongo: 26th April Syokimau Katani junction
- .Mlolongo: 27th April Syamsyo offices.
- Kangundo Level 4 hospital 28th April.
- Matuu: 28th April at Matuu country bus stage.
- Kithimani Market: 29th April at Machakos Garissa Road junction.
- Masii Market: 30th April at Kitui Road stage.