KPLC to compensate 25-year-old who died after electrocution by abandoned live wire in Makindu

0
The site where a 25-year-old was electrocuted in Vombo near Makindu. (Photo -Courtesy)

The Kenya power and lighting company (KPLC) has agreed to compensate the family of the 25-year-old man who was electrocuted. The young man lost his life after stepping on a live wire in Vombo near Makindu market.

The company’s county head officer Mark Irungu told Mauvoo News in his office that the wire was left by mistake after the station had been abandoned.

He said that the company was in the process of decommissioning before the tragedy happened.

“There was an electric shock affecting a young man between the age of 25 and 30, the details are within the report and any claims on the same will be handled procedurally by Kenya power,” said Irungu.

“The structure had interfered with where it was. This was a vandalized site where we had even recovered our transformer and we were in the process of establishing that it will no longer be required to serve there. It is saddening that a life was lost, this should be avoided in the future,” he added.

The saddening incident happened on the 25th of April where the young man was electrocuted. He was rushed to Kenyatta National hospital for treatment but succumbed while receiving treatment.

Facebook Comments