21 fruit farmers from Makuti, Mbiuni, Mwala constituency who had been quarantined for coming into contact with a fruits merchant who tested positive for COVID-19 last month were Wednesday released from quarantine.
The 16 men and 5 ladies had been quarantined in Machakos KMTC for the last 3 weeks tested negative twice before being released back to their homes. The fruit merchants were from Kiambu county.
“The 21 Makuti Covid-19 contacts have successfully completed 14 days quarantine at Machakos town KMTC campus. All their Covid-19 PCR tests have been negative. They have now been released back to the community.” Machakos Health CECM Dr. Ancent Kituku said.
“The 21 suspects of COVID-19 from Makuti area of our Mbiuni ward have all tested negative upon being tested a second time. The results arrived at 10.00 pm last night .” Mbiuni MCA Joseph Wambua alias Huruma said.
“I have personally visited them in KMTC Machakos and they have been discharged today in the morning but could not travel home due to lack of fare. I have organized one of my buses to ferry them back home in the afternoon at around 3 pm and they are expected to disembark from the bus at around 5 pm today at Makuti market.” The MCA added.
He further urged locals not to discriminate them and called on them to welcome the 21 back to the community. Makiliva assistant chief Matthew Muli echoed the MCAs words and urged farmers who will be interacting with fruit merchants to exercise caution when interacting with people from other counties.
Do you have a story that you would like us to publish? Please reach us through email@example.com or Call/ WhatsApp: 0737733010.